Dallas Racial Justice Leadership Institute 201 Training
Date(s) - Thursday, May 12, 2016
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This training is for DFR Partners who have participated in a prior Racial Justice Leadership Institute training with Race Forward.
– Review of Key Concepts from RJLI
– Update on progress since last training – including steps taken and challenges
– A deeper understanding of the historic relationship between race and gender inequities in the US, Introduce Intersectionality as an analytic frame and contextualize its origin/history.
– Tools for assessing identities and power dynamics related to privilege and oppression and ways to use one’s lenses and experiences as assets; (identity assets and facets)
– Strategies for advancing racial equity practice.
To be eligible for a scholarship, we ask that you commit to build racial equity capacity of your nonprofit organization by applying the Racial Equity Impact Assessment and other tools from the training. Application deadline is April 22, 2016.
RJLI 2016 scholarship application Download Application Below.