Join The 2015 Equity In Action Regional Summit 9/26
Date(s) - Monday, February 9, 2015
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join us for a full day of information gathering and collaboration on the important topics of Awareness, Assessment, and Action. Together, we will explore in greater detail, disproportionalites and disparities,along with how to improve outcomes the areas of Education, Health Services and Juvenile Justice. Free Breakfast and Lunch provided.
Facilitators and Guest Speakers:
- Ms. Sheila Craig, Associate Commissioner, HHSC Center for the Elimination of Disproportionality and Disparities
- Mr.Aaron Perales-Director, Arlington ISD, Parent and Community Engagement
- Ms. Marge Langteau-Chair, Health Care Committee of Collin County
- Mr. Randy Turner, Attorney
- Dr. Marcelo Cavazos, Superintendent of Schools, Arlington ISD
- Judge Oldner, Judicial District Court, Collin County
- Mr. Zack Thompson-Director, Dallas County Health and Human Services
Each participant will receive the book, “The Flat World and Education: How America’s Commitment to Equity Will Determine Our Future by Linda Darling-Hammond.
Sponsored by the Collin, Dallas and Tarrant County Health Human Services Commission Region 3 Disproportionality and Disparities Councils.