Race To Equity: Community Learning Experiences
Date(s) - Thursday, April 7, 2016
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Scottish Rite Conference Center
Leadership ISD and Teach For America invite you to attend a panel discussion and Q&A on the lived realities and experiences of Latino immigrant and undocumented students and families in DFW.
Subject- School to Prison Pipeline Hosted by Leadership ISD & Teach For America
- ● Be able to articulate what the STPP is.
- ● Be able to share statistics about who is being disproportionately impacted by it and understand the way that racism and implicit bias impacts how students are disciplined.
- ● Understand its connection to historical racial chaste systems.
- ● Understand that the prison industrial complex is a for-profit industry that benefits from incarcerating as many people as possible.
- ● Understand how the STPP is perpetuated within schools and explore teachers’ roles in advocating for restorative justice.
Stay updated on event registration, please visit http://leadershipisd.org/events/race-equity-school-prison-pipeline/