Race To Equity: Community Learning Experiences
Date(s) - Tuesday, March 1, 2016
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Latino Cultural Center
“Lived Realities of Immigrant and Refugee Students and Families.”
Hosted by Leadership ISD & Teach For America.
The event theme will cover the following:
- Understand the current political and social realities of immigrant (and refugee) students and families, including the way that they experience racism in their daily lives.
- Understand how these students and families interact with major systems such as housing, healthcare, and criminal justice, and nutrition.
- Understand how state and national policies have impacted the safety and quality of life for immigrants over the past few decades.
- Better understand the challenges of the US immigration process and the construction of immigration policy over time.
- Know actions they can take to advocate on behalf of students or families who are immigrants.
For more information and registration details, please visit http://www.evite.com/event/00BB76FA37ONEAL5OEPFZ56EFQUVCQ